Tuesday 14 February 2012

All Things Wedding #2

Pretty Things


Check out All Things Wedding #1 here.

My Girls

There's my Mum, of course. My maid-of-honor K, one bridesmaid and two flowergirls from my side, one bridesmaid, and two flowergirls from his side. It all worked out beautifully! I get on really well with his Mum, and given that she has 4 sons, I wanted to include her in things like wedding dress shopping.

Something I had been so excited about, was having a big girly sleepover the night before the wedding. The hotel had a separate little building called the "Turrets" which slept 8, so me, Mum, the Mum-in-law and my girls (minus one lickle flowergirl) bundled ourselves in for a sleepover and morning of pampering. 

                     The Turrets - Our home for the night                               A secret little staircase in the grounds
                                                                                                     which my girls loved to investigate.

Bride

I bought the first dress I tried on. Of course I had to try on 1 million more, and I dragged everyone on a full day of shopping, but I ended up purchasing the very first dress. How cliche. I ummed and arr'd about having a veil. I knew that I wasn't paying bridal store prices (£150?!?) so I ordered a cheepie online - 'just in case'. In the end I loved it, and think it really added to the photos.

Now I see why brides make a custom hanger. Plastic hanger = Ick.


There always seems to be one missing??

Plenty more to come :)




1 comment: