Friday 9 March 2012

Making a Start

My Life as a Wife

Be kind - I haven't been running in a long time! 

I usually run 5km / 3 miles, and my average time used to be just over 10 min / mile. I tend to run quicker outdoors then on the treadmill and it would depend on whether I was doing short bursts of sprinting or a constant more steady pace. Anyway, now that I've told you my life story, today's results:


I haven't really got my route sorted yet, hence the random distance. I want to avoid busy roads, I hate the idea of breathing in all those car fumes, but living in the city my options are kinda limited. Overall though - not great. I've slowed down to 12 min / mile, and that's even with doing a shorter distance.

Next step - get my route sorted and do a proper 3 mile run so I can get a better idea of how much quicker I need to be.

I'm not going to set myself a weight-loss target, this isn't really about losing weight. At the minute my target is to comfortably run 3 miles in 30 mins. And maybe tone up those abs a little in the process :)


No comments:

Post a Comment