Thursday 15 March 2012

Going Green

Pretty Things


It is my friend N's 22nd birthday today - Happy Birthday! - and to celebrate we are heading to Blackpool this Saturday for a cheap and cheerful night out. This also happens to be St Patrick's weekend. While stopping short of fancy dress (I love fancy dress!) she has decided to go for a green theme. Hummm... I don't not own ANYTHING green. I don't feel the colour suits me. However, I took to the internet for a quick browse, hopeful that I would find something.


My search was not very successful. These were the best of a bad bunch...


     ASOS                                                                        Top Shop

They dresses are OK, but I begrudge spending money on an outfit that it just "OK" and that I'm unlikely to wear again. Plus, while perusing the Top Shop website I found this little cutie...


Top Shop
Blush is much more my colour, and this is actually a playsuit - cute right? But I'd feel bad turning up having ignored the theme... (although I know others are.)

But a quick search with my trusty fave H&M produced this dress... 
H&M
You know what? I don't actually hate it. I can picture dressing it up with heels, a belt and a cute clutch. Plus at the bargain price of £14.99, it wouldn't be the end of the world if I don't end up re-wearing it loads of times.

So tomorrow after school I shall nip to H&M, hope they have it in my size, and if it looks OK on I think I will mostly likely be making a purchase.

Where do you stand on fancy dress / themed partied? Yay or nay?


2 comments:

  1. I love a bit of fancy dress (and consequently often put a lot of time and effort into it - I painted myself blue for my sister's hen do!). The H&M dress looks lovely and, like you say, it's so cheap it doesn't matter if you decide you don't like it afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i looove the topshop version!! im headed that way now!! haha

    super cute blog! lets follow each other!

    xxo!

    ReplyDelete